Followers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

NUXE PARIS


I discovered Nuxe Paris for the first time last year and quickly fell in love with this wonderful brand. Consequently, it made my list of "Best Beauty Discoveries for 2009".  What drew me to the line was the fact that it was pure and natural, not tested on animals, and based on essential oils and plants. The line contains natural vital ingredients and contains no mineral oils, animal ingredients, and no harmful parabens or phenoxyethanol. (Rule of thumb: if you can't pronounce it, don't put it on your skin). Rather, Nuxe is based on nourishing plant oils such as Borage, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut and Macadamia. These oils contain anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties and moisturize, nourish and tone the skin naturally.  The products are also formulated with essential oils such as neroli, petigrain, orange and pine, that not only smell blissful but add healing and energizing properties, as well. 
 
 Nuxe Products
There are several ranges within the line, an extensive face care range targeted for different stages of skin care, from youth to anti-aging; Reve de Miel, a nourishing range based on honey; a range of body products, including toning and firming products; and a multi-purpose range that includes the multi purpose Huile Prodigeuse and a wonderful bronzing tint and powder.

Huile Prodigieuse
One of my must-have products that gets me through the winter is Huile Prodigieuse which is a multi-purpose dry oil.  A "dry" oil meaning one that is formulated with oils that sink into the skin quickly without leaving a heavy or greasy residue. It is a wonderful product to use on the face as a moisturizer, as a make-up base, a hair oil and a body oil.  I love the comforting feel of the oil as I use it all over my face on it's own or as a base under make-up.  With any residue on my hands, I run my fingers through my hair to give my hair some moisture before styling.  It is a morning ritual that I love and it helps me get the day started before facing the cold morning air and the commute to work.
Two other products that I love for the winter are the Reve du Miel lip balm and Ultra Comfortable Face Cream.  These products contain fir honey, acacia honey, shea butter and mango butter,  that nourish and protect and are especially good for sensitive skin, like mine. The lip balm is said to be tested "in cold Canadian winters" and going through long, cold, snowy winters in Toronto, puts any moisturizing product to the test.  The texture of the lip balm is like coating your lips with a spoon of honey  It sinks in immediately and leaves my lips soft and nourished. To get a gloss effect, I apply a light layer of the balm and then follow with lipstick.  This gives a wash of colour with a dewy finish. Another great beauty tip is to apply a thicker coat of lip balm, really massaging into the lips, and leave on overnight so the ingredients can really sink in and nourish the lips while you sleep.


Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Ultra Comfortable Face Cream
I love the texture of the Ultra Comfortable Face Cream.  It glides on like silk and leaves my face feeling nourished and moisturized. I use this as a nourishing night cream or over a few drops of Huile Prodigieuse in the day. The rich ingredients not only moisturize but also nourish the skin.

For me, the Nuxe Paris line is a real find as it combines quality ingredients sourced from nature together with the latest research.  It is truly a luxury line, at a very affordable price point. 

In Ontario, Nuxe Paris is sold at Shoppers Drug Mart and the Bay.  On line it is available through beautyhabit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment