Followers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Dare to Compare - Two Face Cleansers





I recently compared two products from different lines and have expressed my thoughts below:

Product One: Origins A Perfect World
Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea - 150 ml

This is a pearlized foaming cleanser. It is a highly concentrated product.  More is less with this cleanser.  Use a very little product and lots of water, if not adding lots of water, this product will cause dryness on your face and neck as it did to me when I first used it. It requires you to be a bit of a chemist and I can be a little lazy at night and not so careful. The product, when used correctly, will last a long time.  Although the sound of tea in a product seemed like a good idea, I was sensitive to it when it came into contact with my eyes and caused some stinging.  The scent is also not reminiscent of tea (hummm?) but has a vibrant citrus scent.   For now, tea will be for drinking only.  The product was purchased at the Bay for $32.00, (A free mini mascara was also thrown in). There were at least two other cleansers to choose from including one with a mushroom base from the Origins line.

Product Two: Milk Cleanser with Geranium - Apothecary by Jan Benham's School of Holistic Studies and Aroma Shoppe - about 150 ml

Although a locally made aromatherapy milk cleanser, I found it amazingly thick and rich. This product was non drying and did not irritate my eyes when I used it.  I would describe it as mild and good for sensitive people. I give it a super thumbs up for a good product at a good price of $25.00 plus I had a 25% discount for attending a special open house event.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Origins skincare never seems to work for me, always causes irritation ! Hope you had a nice Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I will be reviewing my very favourite skin care line next month. Wishing you the very best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete